Friday, August 04, 2006

Jetlag

Sunset over the bay Sea Isle City NJ


Sunrise over the Atlantic, Sea Isle City NJ


I am back from the east coast. Friday afternoon I am standing in the TSA security line at PHL listening to a 3 year old scream non-stop at the top of his lungs ... I mean non-stop as in he just kept screaming and screaming and screaming almost without breathing.

12 days of high 90's, 110% humidity and a broken AC unit at the office and I just want to get back to Phoenix and cool off. I pity the poor folks who have to be on the plane with the little screaming banshee... Haahaaaa ... turns out that would be self pity! The little brat is going to Phoenix too. He proceeded to scream for 5 hours until the plane landed at which time he finally shut his yap. I think half the passangers wanted to punch the poor mom in the nose for not taking a more proactive approach to family planning. Fortunately I had my headphones and my serenity prayer ;)

Work went so-so, I got to do some visiting and make some meetings at the old home group which was all good. I also got to visit my first sponsor down the Jersey Shore which was nice. We have no ocean in Phoenix ... lot's of beach but no ocean.

I don't know why this combination of signs caught my attention but it did ... prolly' some Freudian thing.


My jetlag is kicking in big time so the gratitude list is short:
  • Low Humidity
  • I'm Sober
  • An abundance of God's beutiful gifts (if I just slow down long enough to enjoy them) and yes that includes screaming 3 year olds :-)

10 Comments:

Blogger Gwen said...

Low humidity ~ aaahhhh

7:45 AM  
Blogger Mary Christine said...

Nice photos. I love the jersey shore.

6:16 AM  
Blogger Shannon said...

oooh how beautiful!!! welcome back!

12:39 PM  
Blogger Daily Piglet said...

Glad you made it back safely, missed yer posts!

Love that group of signs.

As for the screaming children on planes. Not sure why they never bothered me. I would actually shed a few tears (if I could at the time). Even before I had kids of my own. It's a mystery b/c I am a type A and things certainly get on my nerves.

Prolly some kind of stuck psychosis on my part.

9:09 AM  
Blogger lash505 said...

I am with you on the jet lag..

11:38 PM  
Blogger Trudging said...

I am glad that your are back.

5:30 AM  
Anonymous Gary L said...

I'm sitting in Chicago and its January and I stumble on your photos of Sea Isle City.... Thank you.
Every summer I return to the Jersey shore and NEVER miss the Sunday morning beach meeting in Avalon, NJ. I think its the 30th st. Beach at 7:30AM. The 7:30 Avalon meeting helped me so much when my father was dieing a couple years back. I try to return every summer, both for the memories and the opportunity to give back what was so freely given me. Thanks for the memory.

6:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a great story. Waiting for more. »

6:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work video editing programs

11:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where did you find it? Interesting read »

5:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home