Saturday, August 19, 2006

I am off to the Saturday morning meeting. I heard reports of massive traffic jams in and around the meeting hall this morning... must be the awesome speaker they have planned for today (guess who LOL). I used to look forward to speaking (when nobody asked). Now they ask sometimes and I don't look forward to it. Of course my fascist sponsor would have me put in AA prison if I declined so I would never consider saying no. The prankster in me want's to just tell em' "Bills Story" and see if they notice.

Seriously I am always grateful to be asked to participate in AA ... and besides, speaking is less physical work than setting up ;)

I went to dinner with my daughter, grand daughter and her father last night. We went to TGI Fridays'. I swear there was an over abundence of unaccompanied women there. My daughter suggested I take my grand daughter around the place and find her a nice grandmother. She enjoys busting my stones.

I'm still working too much but it is considered amends untlil the end of August... kind of like THIS . Just keep trudgin'


Gratitude:
  • I have a job
  • Being asked to do stuff (anything) in AA
  • I didn't hit on drunk potential grandmom's in TGI Friday's :p
  • I'm the coolest youngest lookin' "pop-pop" I know :-) <--- momentary lapse of humility

6 Comments:

Blogger lash505 said...

Damn right pop-pop.. Wow that must have been a time warp thing.

10:48 PM  
Blogger Gwen said...

You go PopPop! Your daughter sounds fun. Glad you didn't pick up a drunk granny. You need a sober one after all :)

Have fun ~

6:39 AM  
Anonymous Piglet said...

You have a great sense of humor and I never thought about doing the Bill's story, that'd be a hoot! Specially since I am a girl :)

5:41 PM  
Anonymous Piglet said...

Facist sponsor!!!! HOO-AH!

5:41 PM  
Blogger Mary Christine said...

Hi Pop-Pop from the coolest, youngest looking Nana!

7:08 PM  
Blogger PEDRO the Rebel Prince said...

Hi there. I just found your site today and I am so glad that i did. I'm a fellow eblogger as well as a fellow alcoholic. I will make it a point to check out your site on a regular basis. God bless.

-Pedro

5:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home