Burning Desires, Gratitude & AM Pipe Dreams
It may sound silly, but I have an mp3 of Louis' Armstrong singing What a Wonderful World (mp3) on my PC desktop. When I get a craving at work, I double click it. The song just seems to fill me with gratitude and reminds me what a shame it would be to cut short my time in my "Wonderful Sober World" ... Of course an attitude of gratitude is what keeps it a wonderful world. Sometimes I take a quick peek at the Phototrail thing here on the blog too which gives me an extra shot of gratitude.
I am helping another temporary sponsee with a 4th/5th step tonight, and my home group meeting is tomorrow. My sponsor, who has a year less than me (yes that may have been my ego) , will be getting a cake ... I'm thinking it might be good for his ego to receive his 11 year chip as a hand me down from a sponsee :P (that would be me). Either my out door meeting or a possible date on Friday (lets not go there today though) ... what's the point ... simply that life is pretty full of good stuff at the moment ... and it is conducive to maintaining my mental, spiritual and physical health. I know this won't always be possible so I am really trying to be grateful for it every day.
Speaking of which, if you haven't seen the Johnny Cash "Hurt" Video (below) give it a watch. This is a really special day... it's called TODAY.
We have a visitor staying at the house from back east (a friend of my daughters). No problems with that, but between the visitor and myAA stuff, I can't get a hike in until at least Friday. MC (Anonymous Alcoholic) with her incessant blogging about early morning workouts (j/k MC please keep it up ;) ) has inspired me to make an attempt to actually get up tomorrow waaaaaayyyyy to effin' early and get a Hike in before work. I guess I can fill my water bottle with coffee ????
Vegas odds on this actually happening are currently about 99 to 1 against.
Tune in tomorrow for either a beautiful sunrise picture or a story of how I took my alarm clock in best out of 3 falls.
I'm really grateful:
- I haven't smoked today
- My health
- My one smoking co-worker is keeping his smoking away from me
- The other smoking co-worker quit last week
- Total strangers who inspire me by sharing their "stuff" and in the process become a little less "stranger-er" er .... you get the point.
- I am proud of my daughter
- I can play mp3's on my computer
- I had 12 step work yesterday and today
- I am eating healthier and have broken the 200 pound mark (goal is 190) BTW, this is the first time I have actually watched my weight since I wrestled in high school.
- For fathers day, my mom bought me this cool electronic scale that measures weight, body fat and other bad news and I am actually using it.